If you want to achieve a perfect bronzed glow during the fall-winter season you should check out these products. They make your face glow in the healthiest possible way. The Dew The Hoola bronzer from Benefit is matte, but because of the creamy formula, it leaves your skin with a little bit of dewy looking glow. The liquid blush from the same brand is also amazing. Usually, I’m not a big fan of pink blushes, but this one makes you look so fresh and beautiful. Last but not least – the bronzer from Too Faced, even despite the super adorable packaging – the actual product is of excellent quality. The bronzer is very shimmery and warms up your complexion perfectly. I would say that the bronzer would be suitable for lighter skin tone because it’s not too pigmented – but if your skin tone is similar to mine and you love shimmery and buildable products I’m sure you will love it as much as I do!
Too Faced Sweethearts Bronzer
Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Dew Baby-Pink Liquid Blush
Benefit Cosmetics Dew the Hoola Soft Matte Liquid Bronzer
COLOR 1 Golden Pink – for light to medium skin tones COLOR 2 Golden – for medium to dark skin tones
Swatches in natural lightening
First of all, I wanted to say sorry for not being too active on my blog lately. I had no spare time! Even for makeup! 😦 but finally, I’m back, and today I’m going to show you something amazing and from my favorite category which is highlighters! I feel like highlighters are always the most exciting launches so when I saw these two beauties, I knew, I had to buy them straight away. They are super shiny, smooth and very wearable at the same time. The sparkles are very finely milled, so you don’t have to worry about visible glitter chunks falling down your face. You get two shades: one for light and medium skin tones and the other one for medium to dark complexions. I would describe my skin as light-medium (but still more light than medium), and I’m able to wear both of them. I think they are 100% worth the splurge, but if I could choose only one, I think I would go for the gold one – it’s slightly more reflective and pigmented.
I hope you enjoyed my review. I would love to know your thoughts – please leave any comments down below.
I just wanted to share with you guys a very cute idea to store your single shadows 🙂
Jewellery Box available here: https://www.oliverbonas.com/jewellery/betsy-four-drawer-jewellery-box-39944
Violet Cassis (vibrant orchid), Champagne Rose (golden pink), Honey Lavender (pale mauve)
L to R: Violet Cassis (vibrant orchid), Champagne Rose (golden pink), Honey Lavender (pale mauve)
Too Faced Merry Macarons Palette is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. The packaging is to die for, but what about the quality of the eyeshadows? The pigmentation, in my opinion, is on point – the shadows are smooth, easy to blend and completely adorable. The shade selection is quite wearable, the only unusual color is the violet shade, the rest of the shades are neutral. I like the fact that you have a very light shade that you can use as your eyebrow highlight and also a deep black shade that can be used for lining your eyes. You can easily create a complete eye look using just Merry Macarons Palette. I think this palette would make a great gift. Especially to yourself! 😉
- Coconut (warm beige)
- Dulce De Leche (matte caramel brown)
- Banana Cream (warm golden medium brown)
- Almond Mocha (cool dark taupe)
- Champagne Rose (golden pink)
- Mint Chocolate (matte warm dusty purple)
- Tiramisu (matte soft fawn)
- Chocolate Raspberry (deep amethyst)
- Praline (warm gold shimmer)
- Honey Lavender (pale mauve)
- Violet Cassis (vibrant orchid)
- Cookies & Cream (matte black w/ silver sparkle)
- Eyeshadows (0.47 oz each)
- Better Than Sex Mascara (0.17 oz)
Swatches in natural lightening
What it is:
An exclusive palette for the face and eyes with a blush, bronzer, a limited-edition luminizer, and six sumptuous eye shadows.
This palette contains:
– 0.02 oz/ 0.56 g O!Mega Bronzer in Tantric
– 0.02 oz/ 0.56 g Blush in Exhibitionist (peachy rose)
– 0.02 oz/ 0.56 g Luminizer in Make a Sheen (cool gold shimmer)
– 6 x 0.04 oz/ 1.13 g Eye shadow in Lights On (beige shimmer), Candlelight (golden shimmer), Dimmer (matte light tan), Violet Hour (matte lavender), Twilight (deep plum shimmer), In the Dark (deep brown shimmer)
– Vegan patent leather case
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
My personal thoughts about the palette:
The eyeshadows are very pigmented and smooth, my favorite one is the darkest one called “In the Dark” – it’s a very deep brown with lots of shimmer in it; surprisingly the shimmer does show up on my eyelids. Usually, this type of eyeshadows look quite matte after applying them to the eyes; the shimmer tends to disappear after blending – but not in this case! It’s my lucky day! 😉 To be completely honest with you the only part of the palette that I did not enjoy is the highlighter. It’s very powdery, and powdery highlighters are something that I cannot stand. Overall I’m very happy with my purchase. The kit is travel-friendly and looks very chic on my vanity.
The palette is available here: http://www.sephora.com/object-desire-face-eye-palette-P411244?skuId=1838119&icid2=products%20grid:p411244
MetalMatte Eyeshadow Palette is a limited edition palette featuring 9 Metal Crush shades and 13 ultra rich mattes. All of the shades are extremely pigmented, easy to work with and super smooth. The swatches speak for themselves. The last pictures show you how much pigment was left on my fingers after doing the swatches. I think the quality of this palette is out of this world. The only problem I had with this palette is the packaging. I love Kat von D and her artwork; I just wished the packaging was plastic. Cardboard packaging is not very practical, especially since the amount of product is so big that the palette should last you years.
This palette contains:
– 9 x 1.14 oz/ 37.4 g Metal Crush Eye shadow in Nebula (metallic navy), Watt (metallic teal), Ignite (metallic sea foam), Tinsel (metallic pewter), Glitz (metallic rose gold), Twinkle (metallic lilac), Volt (metallic violet), Synergy (metallic bronze), Flash (metallic gold)
– 13 x 1.14 oz/ 37.4 g Matte Eye shadow in Linen (matte white) Jet (matte black), Velour (matte royal blue), Stone (matte cement gray), Moss (matte forest green), Ribbon (matte deep purple), Silk (matte terra cotta), Fringe (matte peach), Feather (matte dandelion yellow), Oak (matte chocolate brown), Suede (matte fawn), Bone (matte cream), Velvet (matte deep plum)
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Kat hand-sketched the logo that decorates the outside of the palette. It’s an ambigram that reads “Metal” one way, and when it’s flipped upside-down, it reads “Matte.”
The palette is available here: http://www.sephora.com/metalmatte-eyeshadow-palette-P412343
Limited-edition collector’s palette includes:
- 20 full size Amazonian clay eyeshadows in pixel (pink champagne), love hue (warm rose), different strokes (mauve), on the Monet (aubergine), style (blackened plum), base coat (pink ivory), medium (brown), a beautiful Degas (rose gold), venus (bronze), mosaic (copper), glaze (golden pink), for realism (cool mulberry), color vibes (plum bronze), seascape (shimmering dark turquoise), inked (navy), exhibit (mauve pink), pop art princess (rose quartz), modern icon (metallic plum), Getty up & go (mulberry) & illusion (dark plum)
The palette is maybe not super pigmented, but it provides a nice range of neutral-toned colors. I have very sensitive eyes, so I love using Tarte eyeshadows because, in my opinion, they are very sensitive eyes friendly. After reading lots of reviews online saying that the palette has a very strange, chemical-like smell, I was a little worried that this palette might cause an allergic reaction to my eyes, but surprisingly I didn’t experience anything like that. The smell is very gentle, it’s slightly different than the usual one for Tarte, but I wouldn’t say that it’s that bad. Overall I think it’s a good palette, not great or amazing but just good. It would be a great palette for a beginner because working with very pigmented shadows can be quite risky when you are not entirely sure what you are doing.
I hope you enjoyed this review! Make sure to check my blog on the regular basis because lots of new reviews are coming soon. 🙂
Lots of love,